Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Madness

It's Monday!

And man did it seem like a long time coming!

Saturday I had people over from 11 in the morning until 2AM on Sunday!  Talk about a long day!  I think I had a mental break down that day because I let my friend cut my hair in my dining room, I also laughed uncontrollably most of the day. Good friends bring that side of me out.

Yesterday, I paid for being up so late... you know, because I am old and have kids...  I was totally regretting my half bottle of wine when I rolled out of bed early enough to shower before waking up my monsters to take them swimming with my mom and gram.  

I was so tired yesterday that I accidentally put orange juice in my son's cookie crisp cereal. He was not so appreciative of that.

We (My son and I)  had a lot of ups and downs yesterday and by the time I sat down to write and edit, I was on my last piece of sanity

So instead we watched a movie together as a family. The second half we watched over the sound of D (my husband and the daddy of my monsters....) snoring. Because having the house to yourself must be very taxing.  ;)  He made good target practice for the popcorn fight too. 

I was so excited to put my kids to bed last night because I thought I would finally get sleep. 

My daughter proved that to be wrong. She got up at 3:30 and wanted breakfast and to be up for the day. 

I finally got her back to sleep around 6, only to get up to get my son ready for school.

So now I get to sit down and get to work. 

Because it is Monday.

And I have a job.

I am an author.

And a mother
Which means lots of laundry to do today, and my house needs a good cleaning. We also have gymnastics after school tonight for the son and a play date with my mom for the daughter. 

Did I mention I just want to sleep?  I would love like 3 straight hours of uninterrupted sleep. No kids, no cats, no dog. Just sleep. I don't remember the last time I slept three straight hours. And I don't even have any babies in my house anymore. 

So I get to write around my chaos.


And I get to wear my son's headphones when he isn't home because I hate cramming earbuds into my ears only to have them fall back out because they are to big for my little ear spaces. 

And you get to endure many Monday Madness posts from here on out. 

Welcome to my chaotic life. 

~M

0 comments:

Post a Comment